Sunday, January 31, 2010

Attack of Bridezilla!

Andrew is coming over soon, so I need to make this snappy....
The first thing you need to know after the attack of the Bridezilla is that we both survived! Phew! Long story short, I had my first "Bridezilla" moment this week and it was a doozy! So it started on Monday night when we were finishing up our temple invite list and found out that we had 27 people that we wanted to witness our temple marriage. This exceeded our original reservation of 25 and I set Andrew on the task of securing us a larger room on May 1st. So the next day (Wednesday) he called me and told me that we could not get a bigger room because, well, there were already TWO OTHER COUPLES getting married at the EXACT SAME TIME as Andrew and I. I was taken aback, two other couples in the Provo temple at the same time, really? Oh, it got better. I decided to take matters into my own hands and get more info....So I called the temple and it turns out that one of the groups will be 70 PEOPLE LARGE and the other will be 40 PEOPLE LARGE!!! Really, thats NUTS! I then cried hysterically for a few minutes (well maybe more than a few) while my mind was reeling about how many things these other groups of people will effect....pictures, getting ready, parking, waiting room, etc.... In order to hopefully quell my fears I started soliciting advice from my friends in the good ol grad lab and they assured me that it would be okay. I then talked to my best friends and they commiserated with me and let me cry (again), and finally I talked to my sister who assured me that it wouldn't be a big deal.

I will say the best advice I got through the whole ordeal was from Andrew, who gave me the following advice; if anyone gives you any trouble, tell them "I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick butt, and I'm all out of gum..." as seen in this clip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso


I have no clue what movie that clip is from, but I feel it will help me get through the day (by making me laugh at least!)


Other than that, here's what we've done since the last post....
1. I worked at Target Friday and Saturday. I like the people I work with, that's why I am STILL THERE (going on 9 years- seesh!)
2. It was Rachel's birthday on Wednesday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We celebrated on Friday by going Laser Tagging with a big group of friends- SUPER FUN!
3. Cindy and I had lots of fun last night going to eat at Gingers (after Guru's was WAY too crowded!) watching Whip it and doing wedding hair! Cindy is AMAZING at hair and did a style that is BEAUTIFUL! Wedding hair= done!
4. I went over the wedding budget with my mom, it's in good shape!
5. Andrew went up to Ogden to Wolf Mountain with Clark for snowboard/ski racing! Andrew took 1st in Slalom, Giant (Grand?) Slalom, and Bordercross! He's coming home soon! HOORAY!
6. I made stuffed peppers for dinner, we'll see how this goes. I made brownies for dessert incase the peppers aren't up to snuff. Cindy got Andrew a super yummy-looking cupcake from a new place in town so I think he will be full off of brownies and cupcakes if he isn't a fan of the peppers!


Tomorrow starts a new week (ugh!) Good luck to all my friends (blogging and not)! I hope this week treats you well and that the weekend comes sooner than you think!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to spend time with you! I love doing hair and am game to do stuff like that anytime!! Oh and PS I NEED to buy that movie it was pretty much amazing!

    Also you are going to make a very pretty "Bridezilla"

    Love your guts!!!!

    ReplyDelete