Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spandex, snow and speed


So, since Meghan started blogging, she's been telling me that I should do some updates on my snowboarding and stuff. I race in the senior men's division of the USASA and I race in boardercross, giant slalom and slalom events. Back in January my friend Clark and I went up to Wolf Mountain where we had boardercross and ski cross races. I took first in my boardercross races, and clark took 1st and 2nd since we had those races on two different days. But my favorite races came on Saturday when I had giant slalom and  slalom races. It was a nice course with some tight turns. I ended up taking 1st in both giant slalom and slalom that day.

While at Wolf Mountain I met some cool people and old friends. I met the coach of the Wasatch Academy team, and it was nice to see the great program that they have. I also saw one of my friends from Backcountry.com who is now a coach for Team Utah. Then I met a couple of the head people from the Urban Freeride team who knew Clark.

Just last Friday I competed in the King of the Wasatch giant slalom and slalom races. I raced again and hung out with some other racers while I waited for my turn on the course. It was a beautiful sunny day and the snow was nice and not too firm or soft. I ended up taking 1st in the giant slalom and slalom races, and got 2 more gold medals for those. The medal count for this year is 6 gold medals, and now I'll be going to the USASA Nationals at Copper Mountain in Colorado during the first week of April.

I also met the lady from the Urban Freeride team and she saw that I was getting more gold medals and she said that she should add Clark and I to her team. So now Clark and I have a new sponsor!  We'll get pro form deals on gear and always helpful support at our races.

So it has been a great snowboard season so far, and I look forward to having more fun on the mountain this season. Now I just have to get Meghan back on the mountain sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment