Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Valentine!

Well we had our first Valentines day as a married couple, unfortunately we were in different states, but we still celebrated it nonetheless! Andrew got me this AWESOME edible arrangement.....


It was soo yummy! I had wanted one for a while but told Andrew it was too expensive to justify. I said when I had a baby (which will not happen a few years, people) he could get me one then-- because then I would deserve one. When I saw it I thought "and I didn't even have to have a baby to get one! HA!". For Valentines Day I got Andrew chicken and hamburgers from his FAVORITE meat supplier-- Omaha Steaks. In my Mom's words...we sure do know the way to each others hearts! 

We had a lovely evening of FaceTiming and talked about how happy we will be to see one another in FIVE DAYS!!! I fly out of SLC on Friday but because of the flights and time change I won't get into Pensacola until the following morning! Oh well, it will be well worth it! 

As for family updates...hmm. Well I have turned in my prospectus to my Thesis chair. Basically I have started the ball rolling on this whole long process. Hopefully it will go by quicker than I expect (meaning I can graduate SOON!) My class is going well and I am really enjoying teaching, just trying to find a job for after teaching...we'll see how that goes.....

Andrew is doing well in his job. He really likes it and it sure does keep him busy! Sadly he will be going to California for work the week that we were planning on moving all our stuff out to Florida. I told him no worries, my friend Fel will help me do the drive! 

So we are planning on driving the Penske out ourselves and towing my car behind us. Mine and Andrew's parents aren't too excited about it, but hey... would you want to mess with my friend Fel? I think not....



It will be a fun trip for the two of us. We are going to drive it in three days, just in time to be home before Andrew has to leave for California! 

Andrew will be going on another business trip to DC this summer. Hopefully I can join him this time and take him to some of the monuments. If not, it sounds like this will be a yearly adventure so someday it will happen! 

I will be so glad when February is over as that means Andrew and I will only have 1.5 months left to be apart! It will be so great to be with him again! I miss him very, very much! 

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Valentines Day and that you were able to spend it with those you love, if not, I feel your pain friends! Hopefully next year will be better for you! 

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment