Sunday, March 14, 2010

May 1st here we come!


So I know there were rumors about us getting a photo booth for the reception. Well we are here to tell you folks that the rumors are TRUE! This week we met with a nice couple in Provo that rents photo booths for MUCH CHEAPER (is that a word?) than their competitors in the area. They are great and we are SO EXCITED for this addition to our reception! As you can tell we had fun and we know that our guests will as well!

Other updates from life... this was our week of birthdays (can you tell from our recent posts?) We were lucky to be able to celebrate our friend's/family's birthdays with them! On friday we went to Brick Oven to get dinner for Andrew's mom who was a little under the weather. Even if you are under the weather on your birthday, we are under the strong impression that you CANNOT go without your favorite food! While we were at Brick Oven we were able to order the food for our luncheon. It feels good to get that out of the way! We then opened presents with Andrew's mom and dad and then we went to dinner by ourselves. We still have many of our gift certificates to our favorite joint, staple if you will, Bajio. In following with my two birds, one stone way of doing things we ate at the Riverwoods location so that we could stop by Color Me Mine and pick out colors for our pottery to be painted at our luncheon. We decided that multiple shades of the same color would satisfy our guests creative natures while at the same time providing us everyday dish ware that matches to some extent! 

Andrew had to go to reserves so we parted early that night (not my favorite thing) and he got on the road. On saturday I was able to get a lot of errands run that I have been neglecting the past few weeks and I cleaned my room! This is quite the weekly occurrence. It is crazy how bad it gets in just one week, oh well, at least I clean frequently! I was able to go to a friend's wedding reception that night. It was really nice and it just made me all the more excited for our wedding day! Right now we are at 7 weeks and we are close to being able to count down the days! That will be exciting!

In other news Andrew will be doing a language refresher class in Ogden the second, third, and fourth weeks of April. This is compounded by the fact that he will be gone the first week of April for Nationals.  While all of these are good things I can't help but be sad about him not being around as much as I'd like. Oh well, at least it will give me more time to concentrate on school (always a good thing!). He'll come down on the weekends but naturally I want to see him much more than that! Oh well, we made 1 year apart work, we can make 4 more weeks work!

OH and today I had the privilege to shake Elder Dallin H. Oaks' hand! He was speaking at my stake conference (I'm now in Andrew's ward= his parent's ward). Since he's my great friend Krystle's favorite apostle (we all have one, don't we?) she came along with me! It was really nice to say hi and shake his hand. He gave a really stellar talk and I was really glad I could go with my friend!

It was great to have that spiritual recharge before the start of a new week! It was very much needed and will hopefully make my continual "case of the Monday's" more manageable!

No comments:

Post a Comment